Lady Staff at Women Units
Lady Police Staff is deployed specifically at the women units to entertain the complaints and redress the grievances. These units are providing prompt assistance round the clock to women in distress. Beside these units, a sub-committee of Citizens Police Liaison Committee (CPLC) is also working to provide the assistance.
Ladies are predominantly vulnerable to certain types of crime, including sexual assault. If you are a victim of any crime, report it to the police, immediately. The victim should try to remember and identify the offender for progress of complaint e.g. complexion, physique, height, weight, age, type of clothing, etc. If possible note down the information and do not dispose of any physical evidence, for example hair, blood stains or skin samples.
Some of the examples of women concerns are as under:
- They are being followed/stalked
- They have car troubles while alone on the highway
- They are sexually assaulted
The District Police, Gujranwala resolutely believes that crime could be eradicated to some extent by creating awareness among women. Women should consider these preventive measures to avoid stressful situations:
- Be aware of your surroundings. It should be in your knowledge who's around and what's going on
- If you are at a hotel/ restaurant or house party, make arrangements with trusted friends to lookout for each other
- If you think you are being followed, change directions and look for open stores, restaurants, public place or a lighted home, call the police as soon as possible
In order to avoid sexual harassment be aware of the fact that:
- Assault can occur anytime, any place and can happen to any female
- Those who commit an assault can be anyone strangers, neighbors, spouses, partners, co-workers, classmates, family members and even friends
- The majority of assaults occur in an environment familiar to the victim e.g. home, office, school, dormitory etc.